Thursday, March 23, 2006

Consulting in Kaoshiung


You gotta' love those FAT airplanes. Although, from this angle, it looks a little long and thin. Anyway, Far Eastern Air Transport provides frequent service from Taipei to Kaoshiung. And it seems that Liz here has been making the trip frequently. Her task is helping Studio Classroom provide consultation to the Kaoshiung city government. And their goal is to make Kaoshiung a "more English and foreigner-friendly" city. I had wanted to get a picture of the FAT acronym in big FAT letters on the airplane's tail. But I wasn't about to walk further out on the tarmac for this. As a foreigner, I've got enough people looking at me already. I didn't want the crew and passengers looking at me like, "What are you doing?" I don't think the airport people would have appreciated it either.


Here's Liz by the front steps of Kaoshiung City Hall. She, Doris and Yvonne have been here many times during this process of consultations. Today, I (Phil) had to "Phil in" (ha, ha) for Doris and Yvonne. This, of course, was no easy task. What I mean is that their shoes would not be "filled" easily. For starters, I had to dress very professional, like Liz here. Many thanks to Steve for loaning me a handsome suit jacket. I did, however, bring my own shirt, tie, and pants. :)


Across the street from the Kaoshiung City Hall building.


Hey Casey, what are you doing here? It's a long way from Taipei to Kaoshiung! No way, it's not Casey - too skinny. But it could be one of her distant cousins.