
At a roadside restaurant in the Shi-Lin night market. Bill and I tried to humor our Taiwanese Bible study students and helper (Rebecca, Cindy and Flora) by partaking of this stinky tofu (chou doufu). Believe me, our smiles are fake. Bill said it's a "once a year experience". For me, I think I can go longer. I love good tofu, but this stuff wasn't anything I'll be wanting again for a long, long time. Cindy (in the back corner) is happy because she just downed a plate of duck's blood stinky tofu from this restaurant. Bill and I weren't that daring, so he went out and bought our boxes from another stand. Rebecca (left corner) and Flora (right corner) smiled and watched as we ate. They then told us that the chou doufu we were having wasn't the best. I wish someone would have told us earlier. Oh well, thanks for trying, Bill. After we finished, Bill and I were happy to go along with the others for some shaved ice. The shaved ice was good. I had strawberry and Bill had rasberry. However, I think we would have settled for almost anything to cover or wash away the lingering chou doufu taste in our mouths.