
Our rally theme for the week was "Life Is A Gift". Steve Marth delivered the wrap-up speech at this high school. He encouraged students to use and develop their gifts. I can hear him now telling them, "Use it or lose it". I really liked the nice multi-color (uniformed) crowd here. Rex Wee translated Steve's talk into Chinese. Steve and I alternated doing the wrap-up talks on the first part of this trip. I also enjoyed being Steve's roommate during this time. We shared some good laughs and moments together. Liz came and took Steve's place later in the week (as my new rally co-host and roommate, of course). I want to say that each of them has his/her own unique strengths as a roommate. I'm very thankful for both of them. :)
Steve, next time I'll bring the joke book (along with the trivia one). We did still manage to get in some good ones. Listening to Weird Al Yankovic on your iPod while you checked out the 80's tunes on my MP3 player was pretty fun too.

Phil with students at a school in Yuanlin.
Liz with students at a school in Nantou.
Getting ready for a school rally in Nantou. There's Liz way in the distance on stage raising her arms. The banner on top reads "Friend For Life".
Rex and the Sunshine Singers get warmed up for a rally in Puli. That's Dick Wang over on the right taking it easy. Dick is a sort of tour manager for us in that he helps with booking the hotels, deciding where we're going to eat, etc. Seems like he knows where all the good local eateries are. In this picture, it looks as if Dick's warming up too. We did spy him falling asleep on us a few times during the program. One time he was slumped over in a chair by the side wall near the front of the audience. Some of the students couldn't help but notice. However, having Dick fall asleep on us is better than having students fall asleep (check out the student who fell asleep on Hazel a few weeks ago). After all, Dick's seen our rally programs more than a few times.
Our school rallies couldn't happen without the leadership of Linda Yeh (pictured here with students before a rally in Puli). Linda is our rally program producer who makes sure that everything comes together smoothly. She also operates the PowerPoint projector for our songs, games, talks, etc.
All I can say Linda is, "You are very good! You are very good! You are, You are, You are, You are, You are very good!"



