Ready to go. Liz, Yvonne, Cindy, Linda and Lynn at the airport
Shopping for clothes in Hoi An.
The son of our favorite tailor, Lien in Hoi An
To not attract any unwanted attention, Lynn tries to conceal her identity and the fact that she's now a millionaire in Vietnam
Cindy and Lynn enjoy some good Vietnamese food
I set out on a trip of my own up to Khe Sanh. While making a roadside "pit stop", I noticed this sign. Go into the bushes to get out of sight (I thought)... uh, maybe not... I'll just stay near the roadside with my back to the traffic :)
Why did the ducks cross the road?...
I don't know... perhaps they were migrating south for winter... or maybe they were just trying to block traffic :)
Kids having breakfast by the roadside on their way to school in Khe Sanh. Nice uniforms. Some even have cute little blue "Boy Scout" hats (like the one on the left) :)
Vietnamese coffee is great. Here it grows on the former airstrip of the old U.S. base at Khe Sanh
Here are some of the local farmers working on the plantation there
On the way back from Khe Sanh, at "The Rockpile" - a mountain that was used by the U.S. Army for observation and artillery spotting in the area
View of the Marble Mountains from the beach north of the resort where we stayed (The Sandy Beach Resort)
Taking it easy up on the mountain
Our friend, Hai at his English school in Da Nang